The first season of Camp Wakpominee is held by the Warren County Boy Scout Council at Big Burnt Island in the "narrows" of Lake George at a cost of $5 per week.
The Mochican Council announces establishment of a 700-acre permanent year-round training camp on and about Sly Pond in the Town of Fort Ann.
The camp moves to multiple locations as Scouting becomes more popular and programs expand; Log Bay Island, Lake George (1921-1923), Daggett Lake (1924), Chadwick Farms, Lake Luzern (1925-1929), Stewart Lake near Hadley-Luzern (1930).
A Troop lodge was constructed at the head of the pond affording a view of the surrounding landscape. This building still stands and is named Thomas Lodge that is used for Nature during summer camp.
Additional land was purchased from Griffin Lumber (85 acres) and J. Harper and Lena Williams (562 acres that includes the 3 ponds area).
More facilities are added to support a growing program. The camp offered 5 program areas and 8 campsites for campers. The Explorer high adventure program starts, the early remnants of today's popular Treks program. Construction of a Health Lodge first aid station is completed in 1956. The first full time Ranger begins in 1959. An additional year-round Troop lodge is built and a 2,000 gallon gravity-fed water tank to supply campsites with running water.
More land is purchased from the Griffin Lumber Company (30 acres), Margaret McGinnis Bowdy (60 acres including the 20 that are now used for Cub Scout Day Camp) and the New York Power Corporation (5 acres). The summer program grows to 300 Scouts. More programs are added including an obstacle course built by the Order of the Arrow much like those used by the Armed Forces.
A boathouse is built at the waterfront. 5 acres of land are purchased from the Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation including the dam and land south of the Sly Pond.